Trail Activities: t
Trail Features: t
- Trail Head
Hidden Falls is best viewed after a rain and flows over a series of granite ledges and drops 60 feet. This is an excellent hike for all members of the family.
After a hike of approximately 1 mile on the Foothills Trail you will see a clearly marked sign directing you to Hidden Falls. Yellow blazes on the northern red and chestnut oak trees along the trail provide direction, as you wind along the hammered out hillsides of the Blue Ridge. As you walk, you will be entertained by the rippling sounds of Tamassee Creek behind the dense underbrush that camouflages its existence. During extreme dry conditions the falls may not be more than a 50-foot trickle dropping over a series of rock ledges, but several rock benches provide a place to sit and enjoy the galax, rhododendron, and ferns while you dangle your feet in the creek.
Time to hike: 1 hour
Camping: Call 1-866-345-PARK (7275) or go online at www.SouthCarolinaParks.com to make your reservations today!Directions:
1. From Walhalla, drive northwest on SC 28 for approximately 8.4 miles and bear right onto SC 107. Continue on SC 107 to Oconee State Park and enter the park.
2. After the Fee Station turn right and drive to a small parking area on the right, just beyond the entrance to Cabin Area 14-20. The trailhead is on the left at the Foothills Trail sign.
3. Register, then start your hike on the Foothills Trail.
4. Cross the junction with Station Mountain Road, and continue to the sign directing you to Hidden Falls.
5. After you hike approximately .7 mile, you will descend on some steps to Old Horse Bone Road. When the road splits, follow the left fork and continue to the falls.